DISCLOSURE: affiliate links are used on this page. I only recommend products and services I trust and love. You can read my disclosure here. If you decide to make a purchase through my links, I will receive a commission which is helping me keep my website up! Thank you for all of your support, it’s much appreciated!
Top 7 tips for time management.
Today I wanted to share with you my top 7 tips for time management. I’m always saying “I’m busy!” Either I am busy writing a blog post or busy trying to understand building up a website. Sometimes I’m either busy taking care of my babies or trying to be a good wife, daughter, sister, and friend. Actually, this can get OVERWHELMING so I want to share with you my top 7 tips on for time management.
Being busy shouldn’t take over our lives.
Something really got me thinking the other day. I was reading a few inspirational blogs and tweets, scrolling through inspirational social media right? However, in the background of this memory I faintly remember telling my kids , “Mommy is busy, girls! Hold on.” Wait. Since when did I become too busy for my precious babies? This is NOT okay. You can read more on how difficult it can get to be a stay at home mom here.
There are WAYS to manage our time.
I did not come all this way from postpartum depression to say I’m too busy for my loves, no matter how completely busy I actually am. Let’s back up a minute. Are you feeling TOO busy? Exactly how busy is too busy? Too busy is when you’re feeling overwhelmed. Overwhelmed is when you can’t even concentrate because you have too much on your plate. Being too busy is when you have a never ending to-do list for that one day.
If this sounds like you, it sounds to me like WE have a case of bad time management. And it’s time we control it and fast. Not managing your time will only stress you out and result in headaches and feeling frustrated. Using a life planner is one of the best ways to get your life together if you are feeling like it’s all a bit too much. You can purchase your Erin Condren life planner in the link down below, it’s a wonderful first step to helping take away stress from your life.
Top 7 tips for time management.
Actually, let me tell you how I time manage.
Make a goal sheet
- It’s time to bring out good ole’ fashion paper and pen. Let’s get organized. Do you have a MAIN goal this year? Write it out and try to keep it simple. I used to like to write a few goals each month, but I found it overwhelming and a bit disappointing when I didn’t meet them. I prefer to have one major goal a year now.
Plan out your month ahead of time
- Seeing your life out on a monthly calendar can help you stay on track of everything. Not only are you visually guiding yourself, you are setting yourself up for success by staying organized. You can check out how I stay organized with my planners here.
Plan out your week every Sunday
- You know how they say Sunday is a day for rest? I agree. For me, planning my week ahead on either Saturday or Sunday night is therapeutic. Others prefer planning their week out Sunday morning with a cup of coffee, another great choice.
Planning is important.
Plan your days out
- I bet you’re starting to notice a pattern. Yes, I’m a planner. Actually, it does help! Don’t over plan but looking at a simple timed schedule can really help you organize your days out, so you don’t miss a beat. You can check out how I quickly sketch out my daily pages with my bullet journal here, if you are needing inspiration and more ideas.
Take a look at the bigger picture and FOCUS
- Whatever your main goal is whether it’s work related or personal, you should be making sure that it’s fitting into your schedule as a priority. And goals keep us motivated to keep going even on the days we are unmotivated in order to accomplish our goals.
Furthermore you can easily plan out your life, step by step. However we often become overwhelmed with that cluttered to-do list. It seems like no matter how hard we try to stay on top of it, the list keeps getting longer and longer. Now, it’s time for a game plan.
Strategize something that will work for you. Certainly lighten the load. Above all, you can’t overwhelm yourself with that cluttered to-do list. Personally speaking, blogging can take up too much of my time. Hence I had a set schedule going for a month and it was still too much. Taking a step back, I actually OBSERVED.
Reflecting on my days I started to pinpoint exactly when I began to feel overwhelmed and was unable to complete a task. There. Next, I strategized a new game plan. As a result, I developed an easier schedule that allowed me much more time with my family and less stress. Finally, less stress should always be your main concern because taking care of YOU first is the best thing you can do for yourself.
Related posts: 10 Ways To Self Care
I hope these tips on time management helps you feel less overwhelmed in your busy life! And we’re all busy but don’t forget to make plenty of time for yourself and your loved ones.