Journal prompts for self discovery.
Are you in need of these 31 journal prompts of self discovery to answer this month in your journal? I enjoy taking some time as self care, to reflect and answer some thoughtful journal prompts once in a while.
As a busy stay at home mom of 2, I rarely get a lot of “me” time. I’m constantly rushing around.
Whether it’s working on the blog, cooking, cleaning, or taking care of my beautiful babies, I still want to devote some time to self care.
Moms need journaling too.
It’s important to me as a mother to spend time taking care of myself too. I want my children to see mom relax and have “me” time so that they know in the future they should do the same!
To me, I feel like my children are always watching me and I want to set a good example for them. Imagine watching your mom be so busy and never have time for herself?
So when I do get a chance to focus on myself, I want to take the time to reflect, check in on myself, and make sure I’m happy and well.
DISCLOSURE: affiliate links are used on this page. I only recommend products and services I trust and love. You can read my disclosure here. If you decide to make a purchase through my links, I will receive a commission which is helping me keep my website up! Thank you for all of your support, it’s much appreciated.
Journaling and planning is self care to me.
The reason I consider this as self care is because bullet journaling isn’t a quick process. It does require time and effort to fill everything out daily.
I don’t always get to my bullet journal. Not as much as I used to, anyway. It’s really hard to invest all my free time into my website and then fill out my bullet journal afterwards.
I still try constantly though, because I want my mental health to stay well. Now, I find myself making planning and journaling a priority on weekends, which are my days off.
Shouldn’t our mental health be number one on our priority list? This is why I went ahead and thought of these 31 journal prompts of self discovery out for you.
One journal prompt for everyday of the month! Go ahead and subscribe if you want to keep reading journaling prompts like these monthly.
I really do enjoy creating these and I hope you enjoy answering them! You’ll receive notifications straight to your inbox when you do subscribe.
Related post: 31 journal prompts for gratitude
Journaling and planning go together, in my opinion.
As much as I love journaling, I’m more of a planner girl. If you’ve been following me for a while on Insta or even twitter, you’ll notice I’m really into planning.
All of my socials are linked to my website, you can follow me there.
The reason I love planning is because planning helps me be a work from home mom and accomplish my daily tasks. I’ve been checking off my monthly goals one by one and tracking it in my planner.
I’ve used so many planners in my life and I use more than one. Currently, I use one planner for work and another for my personal use.
Personally, I never thought I could manage two planners. Since my website began growing I saw the necessity come in for two planners.
Staying organized is key.
You don’t need to have two planners. Erin Condren has a life planner that covers everything you may need.
Erin Condren’s line comes with just about everything you’ll ever need when it comes to planning. Her planners never fail to amaze me.
Not just because they’re pretty but because they are so useful. She has life planners and hardbound ones, just about everything.
What I’ve been eyeing most lately is the new traveler’s notebooks for her inserts. I use different inserts, though I have been wanting to get the budget insert.
Check out her traveler’s notebooks if you haven’t already. Those colors are so pretty and I can’t wait to get one!
Get your Erin Condren planner here and get a discount while you’re at it:40% OFF DATED 2020 PLANNERS & CALENDARS!
31 journal prompts for self discovery.
- Where do you want to be five years from now? Do you see yourself happy and fulfilled?
- What steps could you take to make sure you are satisfied and content with your life right now? Is there anything holding you back from being content?
- List five things that make you happy. Smile.
- What is your ideal dream vacation and why?
- Think of a career choice that would make you happy and proud of in your life. Write it down and why you chose that.
- Are there any important yearly goals that you want to achieve?
- Any steps that you need to take to achieve your goal?
- What’s your ideal perfect self care routine?
More journal prompts to reflect.
9. What could make you happier TODAY?
10. Is there anything holding you back from making your dreams come true? Why?
11. Are you happy with yourself as a person?
12. List five things that you love about yourself. Smile.
13. Write down three things you’d like to do this week that include pampering yourself. Actually do them!
Self care is important too.
14. Do you feel like you are too busy lately? What steps can you take to slow down this month?
15. Think about one hobby that makes you smile inside. Do you make enough time for your hobby/passion at least once a week?
16. Do you make enough time to hang out with your friends monthly? If not, is there anything you can do to change that?
17. Write down a list of self care related things you’ve wanted to get done this past month. Pick three to accomplish before this month is over.
More self discovery prompts.
18. Think of one place you’d like to go that you’ve been putting off. Why do you want to go there? And why have you been putting it off?
19. When is the last time you’ve prayed to God? Why?
20. Is there anything you can do to strengthen your relationship with God?
21. Write down a prayer to God today. Tell him what you are grateful and thankful for.
22. Have you been feeling alone and lost lately? Write out why and what you can do to change that.
Self love is important too.
23. Name 10 things people say they love about you. Do you agree?
24. Do you read any books on self love? Are there any you’ve been meaning to read? Write down a few.
25. Is there anything you’d like to change about yourself? Why?
26. Write down five things you are grateful for today. Smile.
27. What are three activities you want to do this week that involve fitness? Actually get them done!
28. Any helpful lifestyle changes you’ve been meaning to make? List them and try to get a few done.
The last of the self discovery journal prompts.
29. What did you want to be when you were younger? Did you ever become that?
30. Who do you admire and look up to the most? Why?
31. Is there anything you can do to be more like your role model?
Journal prompts help you discover who you are.
Often times, we are so busy with our lives that we forget we need to slow down and reflect. Everyone needs to, at one point or another.
I’m guilty of not slowing down and appreciating things as they happen in life. However, I’ve been trying to work on myself to change that.
I always want to be more present and a more patient person. Do you ever feel this way?
Reflection is always good for you.
Reflection caused me to come to that conclusion. No matter how busy I may be, I still want to be a more patient, loving, and present person.
Answering journaling prompts helps me reach conclusions about myself.
What I love most about answering journal prompts is that you get a chance to really self reflect. Reflecting on how you’ve grown as a person is important.
You can feel amazed at how much you’ve grown and identify the areas you need to work on. Reflection is truly important for self growth.
Answering thoughtful journal monthly is so helpful to me.
Even as a busy mom, I enjoy answering thoughtful prompts.
I can’t lie to you, I feel like I am always busy! Between running my own website, promoting it, and writing sometimes I feel overwhelmed.
Juggling being a work from home mom and a homemaker can be a little too much. When I get to relax and journal I do enjoy to make myself a cup of tea first.
Also, the kids need to be asleep! I love writing in the quiet when I can hear myself think.
I’ve tried journaling and planning when my kiddos are up. Sometimes I can’t even remember why I opened my planner/journal in the first place!
All moms know what I’m talking about, right? I hope it’s not just me, but my kiddos keep my on my toes and constantly busy.
Self care to me is journaling.
My kids can be all over the place and sometimes I am dealing with toddler tantrums that interfere with the blogging process and even journaling.
To me, self care is journaling. When I get the chance to actually sit down and write my thoughts out, I consider that a blessed time.
The reason I say this is because as children get older they talk a lot! As parents we have more questions to answer and a lot more less “me” time.
As busy as I may feel, I know a few mom bloggers who have children and are super busy but still blog successfully. One of my favorites is Jenni from Housewife hustle.
Follow her for self love Inspiration and a genuine mommy blogger who loves to help her audience out! Just because you’re a busy mom, doesn’t mean you can’t handle running a business from home.
Personally, I get things done thanks to my planner. Having two has really helped me stay focused and on track.
Journaling prompts motivate me.
When I answer journaling prompts, I find myself motivated towards the end. Since I answered all the questions, I reflect on my answers.
Suddenly, I want to do more! I want to travel more, see more, and accomplish more of my goals. Sometimes reflection really is the motivation you need to get things done in your life.
You have to start from somewhere though. A quiet place is the best for me.
I really can’t focus unless it’s quiet. That’s when the best answers flow naturally for me.
Journaling and planning will always mean something to me. I love being a productive, organized, and focused person.
There’s a little more to planning than just productivity, in my opinion. Planning and journaling is a passion and can be a fun hobby too.
As much as I love reading, I love writing even more. A writer’s love is a fresh page in a notebook (nowadays, it’s a computer screen) to scribble our thoughts down.
We want our voice to be heard. Which is why my book is almost self published!
It’s been a long journey (two years) to get to where I am today with my blogging website. Not only have I learned so much but my love for blogging grew.
Is there anything that you’re passionate about? My website was my hobby at first but it’s become so much more.
I’m being real when I say to follow your passion and make your dreams come true. Because dreams can come true if you put in the hard work.
Until next time,